<< Back to Locomotive information and galleries
19D ex SAR no: 2734 Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn 7360/1948
Updated - 15th May 2006
This locomotive is extremely interesting in that the original 2734 was built in 1946 as works number 7247 but was lost at sea during delivery. Number 2734 was a replacement for this engine but was built two years later (see number 2769 below). It spent some of its life at Bloemfontein and then Klerksdorp from where it was withdrawn from service in 1989 and sold to Lorraine. It is fitted with a short tender and stored at Vailima Siding at Sandstone.
|< Prev||Next >|